[Advaita-l] Who is Ishwara? He is NARAYANA only. Beautiful and soothing Narayana Bhajan

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue May 23 20:48:53 EDT 2017

Namaste Kalyanji,

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Kalyan via Advaita-l <

> Isn't the nirguNa nirvishesha Atman itself the biggest and only ignoramus
> in advaita? It beats me how such an Atman, wallowing in ignorance, can be
> described as param jyoti.

​If the Atman is nirguNa nirvishesha, how can he have the attribute of
ignorance?​

Interestingly, Krishna uses the word Ishvara in BG 15.8
​
​
शरीरं यदवाप्नोति यच्चाप्युत्क्रामतीश्वरः । गृहीत्वैतानि संयाति
वायुर्गन्धानिवाशयात् ॥
​​

​or​
one who attains another body, having departed from one! I wonder who this
Ishvara is for you
​ and why.​

Later in your mails, you go on to assert that you asked a simple question,
I would like to ask you an even simpler one. What is your understanding of
the term mithyA? Otherwise, I see that after anyone gives any reference or
answers, you simply shirk off by saying something to the effect of "I'm not
convinced" or "it doesn't answer my question". That is quite easy for
everyone else to do as well that "your question is not a question at all".
So I suggest you explain what you understand by the word mithyA in contrast
to sat and asat, if you're really interested to get an answer to the
question you posed.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​