[Advaita-l] Who is Ishwara? He is NARAYANA only. Beautiful and soothing Narayana Bhajan

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 03:05:04 EDT 2017

Sri Subrahmanian, I have no issue if you interpret some Shruti mantras to show that the Atman/brahman is affected by avidya. Unlike others, I dont consider this position as heresy. In fact, I have been saying all along that in advaita, it is the Atman/brahman alone that can be affected by avidya and none else. So I thank you for acknowledging that fact. By bringing up these two mantras, you have shown that I understood advaita correctly.
But simultaneously, advaita also says that the Atman can never be affected by avidya. THere are so many places where Shankara says this. Therefore, there is a contradiction in the position adopted by advaitins - that the Atman is affected by avidya and at the same time the Atman is not affected by avidya.
There are other problems if the Atman is affected by avidya, but we will go step by step.
RegardsKalyan