[Advaita-l] prayAshchitaM for sAvitribhraShTAH

Rajesh Benjwal rbenjwal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 07:16:10 EDT 2017

You are correct Subrahmanianji,

My concern is we do not know what Shankaracaryaji saw in that particular
person and allowed him. If any Jagadguru says that there is no need to
perform any prAyashchita karma for sAvitribhraShTAH then it is acceptable
but when someone allow to an individual who has come to him then this is a
different thing. There are some sAstra pramAnam that bleesing of the siddha
purusha is enough to remove your dosham.  So having blessing of such a
person is equal to a prAyashchita karma.

Thanks