[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi series 016 - dvitIya mithyAtva vichAra: (part 8)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Nov 9 05:14:05 EST 2017

The thought (considering as vyavahArika) was how to explain the continuance of prateethi, even after ajnAna was destroyed ..

praNAms Sri Ravi Kiran prabhuji
Hare Krishna

First of all my apologies, due to severe time constraints I am not following this series.  Just seeing here and there one or two mails I am replying it.  If what I say below is already covered in this series you may ignore it.

The answer lies how one can still continue to see sun rise and set even after knowing sun does not rise nor set ??  It is because of this reason only bhAshyakAra says that which is established by one pramANa (prama)  cannot be superseded by  another pramANa.  The correct knowledge of socalled sun's movement cannot stop us from seeing the East sun rise and west sun set :-)  Both prama-s  would continue to operate in their respective domains without coming in the way of one another.  Likewise when it comes to brahma prama, this pramANa janita jnana does not do any harm to the pratyaksha pramANita jnana OTOH shAstra vAkya janita pramANeebhUta jnana eraces the bheda buddhi between  actions and objects, bheda buddhi among  anna, annada & shloka karta.  Hence bhAshyakAra says in geeta : bhAhyAkAra 'bhedabuddhi' nivruttireva AtmasvarUpa avalaMbana kAraNam.  And in mOksha / bhUma sthiti the vidyA phalaM (the result of brahma Vidya) is kriyAkAraka phala shUnyaM hence yatra avidyAdi kAmakarmANi na saNti.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar