[Advaita-l] Advaita and the Hard Question of science

mc1 at aol.com mc1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 10:11:10 EST 2017

Namaste
I imagine the forum has previously discussed the scientific Hard Question but when asked for scientific thinking on classic Advaita Vedanta, Susan Blackmore responded: "This is a very difficult question. I don't think there's any science specifically on 'Nondual conscious reality' although there is a general consensus that dualism doesn't work so we must find some non-dual solution to the hard problem of consciousness.

Perhaps someone on the forum might have a lead to offer me or take the lead and write a nice paper. :)

two nice intro podcasts:
first,  dan dennett explains consciousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1nmExfgpg

https://www.ted.com/talks/david_chalmers_how_do_you_explain_consciousness

(the chalmers talk has multi-language subtitles!!!)

regards, michael c