[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Kaala Bhairava Ashtakam by Adi Shankaracharya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 21:45:14 EST 2017

There is a Kalabhaivara temple in Sringeri where special worship/utsava is
performed on certain days in a year and the Jagadguru visits, and devout
daily puja is also done. One epithet of Shiv is: kaalakaala which means 'he
is death to the god of death' which means 'there is no samsara for those
who are devoted to him'. There is also the story of Shiva inflicting injury
on the chest of Yama in the Markandeya story.

Kaala-Kaalam-Ambuja-Akssam-Akssa-Shuulam-Akssaram     [a line from the
ashtakam.]

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <