[Advaita-l] Vishnu Shatpadi by Adi Shankaracharya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:51:20 EST 2017

Namaste

This is a very famous Stotra of Adi Sankara. Listen -

https://youtu.be/Wh0312UWM0g

Stotra and translation -

https://templesinindiainfo.com/vishnu-shatpadi-stotram-lyrics-in-hindi-and-english-with-meaning/

In the third Sloka Adi Sankara says सत्यपि भेदापगमे नाथ तवाहं न
मामकीनस्त्वम् । सामुद्रो हि तरङ्गः क्वचन समुद्रो न तारङ्गः Even though
Bheda is not there after realization I belong to You but You do not belong
to me. Even though there is no Bheda we cannot say there is no Bheda
between Sat and Asat. If that Bheda between Sat and Asat also is not there
we come to Shoonyavaada and not Advaita. Because Sat is same as Asat and
Asat is same as Sat. Everything becomes Asat. It is like saying there is no
difference between Truth and Unreality. It is ridiculous.

नारायण करुणामय शरणं करवाणि तावकौ चरणौ ।
इति षट्पदी मदीये वदनसरोजे सदा वसतु ॥

-Venkatesh