[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 09:30:23 EDT 2017

Sastras are equivocal about dharma. That is why, even after saying
that sastras are the pnly source of dharma, the discussion continues.
Some people see red when somebody tries to  bring sistachara as source
of dharma.  They either try to make it subservient to sastra
or try to make it synonymous to sastra. For them sistachara's
authority derives from the fact sistas follow dharma as prescribed by
the sastras.
If that is the case, if one asks why should Upanishad mention the list
of qualities

ब्राह्मणाः संमर्शिनः युक्ता आयुक्ताः अलूक्षा धर्मकामा स्युः

there is no answer. Do not these qualities somehow contribute to their
achara being pramana for dharma?

regards,
Sarma.