[Advaita-l] Chanting gayatri overseas

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:00:43 EDT 2017

Pranams Sri Kalyan ji,

One of the reason why I am not finding a way out is because if we quote
shastras or be it Adi Sankara's commentary and consider them as authentic,
but we don't act according to them, then there is no power behind our
preaching or quoting our shastras.

shastras are experiences of innumerable saints since time immemorial. It
should become a part of our life so that truth should unfold in our heart.
After that what one does or acts is shastras only.

If I do not practice and keep talking, keep quoting, I personally feel it
is all time pass and shastras are just for discussion like ladies used to
discuss saas-bahu serials. I remember when I was in college, I used to
meditate from 4-6 am and then after 6.30 am I used to go for jogging in
nearby garden. At that time, some ladies used to discuss  Mihir and Tulsi
in the morning at 6.30 - 7.00 am !!! - very important discussion for them.

Sorry If I am stretching too much.

Hari OM