[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 22:51:54 EDT 2017

//Also is important to keep in mind what Shankara has said in the BGB: even if one is proficient in all shāstra-s, if he has not acquired knowledge according to the sampradāya, his views are to be rejected as those of a fool.//

Subbuji, I think you have a very unhealthy tendency to label everyone as an asAmpradAyavit or a fool very easily. I think you should curb this tendency. You very easily behave as if you are the only gatekeeper of sAmpradAya.

And stop selectively quoting Shankara bhAshyas. Sistachara does not replace Shruti. The bhAshya on Br. Up. 1.3.10 is quite emphatic that one must not travel to foreign lands. Similar views are found in other dharmashastras quoted by others here. It is these, that the Sringeri Acharya has violated.

Regards
Kalyan