[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 13:12:09 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Aditya ji,

I agree.

Ādi Śankara Bhagavadpāda when questioned why he was present in his mother's
funeral, he replied rules are for bhogī-s and not yogī-s. What is means is
that in order to do some karma or initiate anything new, there are rules to
be followed. Muhurata has to be referred. When we enter into a new house,
there is graha pravesha i.e. house warming ceremony and for this occasion,
auspicious time is selected. But do we choose any muhurata to leave the
house. Does a sanyāsin refer to muhurata before leaving his home?

In order to leave anything, no muhurata is needed. Only for attachment and
kāmya karma one has to follow rules, not for renunciation. But for that,
that should be sufficient inner purification. Except fulfilling basic
needs, money should not be chased for. Moksha has to be the only and only
goal of life. One should be able to stay mentally isolated.

Hence bhakti is the most suitable. For a mass movement, kirtana and bhajans
are best source. chant Maha Mantra - Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare
Hare, Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.

Ofcourse there should be discipline in life. Bhakti is also for selected
few, however rules are relaxed to the extend for select few.

OM
Sujal

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <