[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 11 08:26:58 EDT 2017

but they downplay varna and believe in Veda Adhikara for all, etc.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Veda adhikAra has been denied to non-dvija-s and stree, that is the traditional stand which has the stamp of bhAshyakAra also.  And traditional mutts dare not to deviate from this injunction.  Other neo-advaitic and other institutions hardly care !!! Few years back I was talking to a very knowledgeable 'vaishya saNyAsi' at kAryAlaya, during the discussion, he made a passing comment that there is no entry as a participant  in the vidvat sadas (vAkyArtha sabha) for the sanyasi-s and scholars other than brAhmaNa community !!  I don’t know the existing practice with regard to this at traditional mutts.  Would like to hear more on this issue.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar