[Advaita-l] Question/Clarification on Chanting Vaidika mantras

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:24:46 EDT 2017

Namaste

Knowing the meaning is required at least to explain to youngsters or
curious persons why we doing a ritual and what the Mantras are saying.
Otherwise it will be like a blind following the blind doing blindly all the
traditional rituals. If meaning of Veda Mantras is not important why we
should read Bhashya of Sayana?