[Advaita-l] The Enlightened Guru as Jagatkāraṇam

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 06:56:20 EDT 2017

Pranams,

IMHO, all Jnani-s whether they display or use siddhi-s or not, they are
always have the power, as Ishvara is working through them. When Ishvara
gives them some work, Ishvara also gives them sAmarthya (ability / power)
to complete the task.

Jnana is an internal state of mind, and we cannot determine whether one is
a Jnani or an advance disciple or a thug. However, in case of Jnani, if
such a person leaves his physical body, he may retain his subtle bodies and
continue to operate. If, in case, he renounces all his bodies, and is
invoked with great faith by a devotee, Ishvara may interact with devotee
using the form of a Jnani.

Technically, both are one, however, when body still exist, a Jnani may
choose to be act as a 'servant of God' then to talk as 'God'. There is
difference between Ishvara and Brahman. We cannot compare Ishvara's
aishvarya with that of Jnani. However, when Jnani drops all bodies, then
only Brahman remains.

As far as Jnana and moksha are concerned. Staying in Jnana destroys all
vAsanA-s and karma-phala. This results in moksha. Siva represents Jnana.
Siva grants Jnana and Vishnu grants moksha. Both are so interconnected that
they cannot be separated. Jnana results in moksha automatically. It is not
that both are separate process.

I had collected some quotes from guru gita few years back

Guru and Guru Tatva from Guru Gita
https://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/2013/07/guru-and-guru-tatva-from-guru-gita.html

Brahman and Qualifications of Disciple to receive Brahma-vidya from Guru
Gita
https://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/2013/07/brahman-and-qualifications-of-disciple.html

Guru Gita mentions seven types of guru-s
https://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/2009/07/guru-gita-seven-types-of-gurus.html

Guru Gita - Gurus to be avoided
https://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/2015/01/guru-gita-gurus-to-be-avoided.html

Just my 2 cc

Hari OM
Sujal

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <