[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** All the three states are dream alone

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 23:19:30 EDT 2017

Namaste

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

Is this bhEda tAtvIka or adhyAsa?

> It couldn't former, because you as an advaitin you are ill-afford to posit
> eternal status to bhEda.
>
> If it is adhyAsa, then you are the loose grounds. You are arguing (and
> refuting your opponents) based on imagined non-existing grounds of adhikAra
> bhEda. For any vAda to sustain, the hEtu should be accepted as tAtvIka by
> both the parties.

I am dreaming you asked the same query some time back. This time also the
answer is same. Adhikari Bheda is also in the dream only. If you jump up
and say 'then Adhikari Bheda is false. There is no Adhikari Bheda' The
Vaada between Dvaitis like Vyasa Raya and Teeka Raayaru and Advaitis is
also happening in a dream only. All Dvaitis including Madhva are in the
dream only and not real. Pramanas, Pakshas, Sadhyas Hetus are all in the
dream only. Therefore Vaada between us is not Taatvika. If Vaada itself is
Ataatvika the hetu can also be Ataatvika. Even Bandha and Moksha is in the
dream. That is why Gaudapada said -

न निरोधो न चोत्पत्तिर्न बद्धो न च साधकः ।
न मुमुक्षुर्न वै मुक्त इत्येषा परमार्थता ॥ ३२ ॥

If you understand this very important Sloka you will very definitely
understand Adhikari Bheda also.

If you think Moksha is false there is no Adhikari Bheda. If you think
Moksha is real there is Adhikari Bheda and it is also real.

> I am not even sure this "adhikAri-bhEda" is classical advita argument. But
> you know, I am still a student!
>
> /sv

-Venkatesh