[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: no anavasthA doSha in dRShTi-sRShti

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Sep 7 06:12:40 EDT 2017

The vRttis arise from avidyA, which is one of the six anAdi entities admitted

praNAms Sri Anand Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Just a small query, Can eka rUpa avidyA (jnAnAbhAva rUpa avidyA) gives birth to nAnArUpa (multi-dimensional) adhyAsa / vrutti-s prabhuji without getting the aid from mAyA kArya??  And one more doubt how can this avidyA be pravartaka when bhAshyakAra says : sApi naiva pravartikA vastusvarUpAvaraNAtmikA hi sA...Though avidyA (jnAnAbhAva)  is pravartaka beeja,   the hetu for the pravartakatvaM is eshaNa / kAma (adhyAsa or anyathAgrahaNa avidyA) and for this adhyAsa vrutti-s to take place there must be some Asare (Ashraya) Hence is there any problem if we say for adhyAsa the mAyA kArya (Ishwara srushti)  is the Asare??  I think this line of thinking is also acceptable in one of the versions of DSV.  Which you have quoted earlier.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar