[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Santosh Rao itswhateva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:08:04 EDT 2017

Namaskara Venkatesh,

Using myself as an example I have had a keen interest in shastras and
dharma ever since I was very young, despite being born and raised in
America, and unlike most brahmins living in the west I was raised in a bad
neighborhood in New york city surrounded by things like drugs and violence.
I'm far (very far) from a saintly person and I have fallen to multiple
temptations, but my interest in spiritual matters was always there, to the
point where my mother was annoyed by the fact that I was more keen on
reading shastras rather than my school books. It's only because of this
that I question the opinion that practicing dharma outside of India should
count less than inside India, because as per my logic neglecting dharma
because of location could make ones situation worse.

-Santosh

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:14 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <