[Advaita-l] Question about Avaccheda vada

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:40:00 EST 2018

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 6:05 AM, Aditya Kumar <kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for both the references Subrahmanianji. It seems like contemporary
> Advaita has had a lot of influence from alien schools. Vallabhacharyas
> school is far far away from Shankaras.

There is no conclusion in my post that this idea is of Vallabhacharya.  One
has to see in that pdf as to about whom, advaita or other, that triad is
mentioned. So, no need to jump to the conclusion 'influence from alien
schools..'

> As for Chinmayananda, he was a classic neo vedantin with a cult of his
> own. Hence it is safe to stick to Shankaras works and early Vedantins.

Basically, the idea of Ishwara represented by Avaccheda vada as maThakasha
has no influence whatsoever on the ultimate Advaita understanding.  These
vadas are only aids to understand Advaita. So the remarks about
Chinmayananda are not of any relevance to this discussion.

vs