[Advaita-l] Dying to Live Peacefully - III

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 6 07:22:58 EST 2018

Dear Sir,                  To explain in detail about the question of Sh. Raghava Kumar
"Is there any shAstra reference to what constitutes dhArmic"I have few line to explain this:
 Thereis no word in English or any other language that may be equivalent to or innear term carry the same meaning as Dharma in Sanskrit or in other Indianlanguages. However, the word 'Religion'is often used for 'Dharma' in foreign languages, which is not quite accurate. Unlike other religions that are based on 'One Book'(Christianity on Holy Bible and Islam on Holy Koran) and 'One Savior-Christ inChristianity' and 'One Prophet Muhammad in Islam', Vedic/Hindu Dharma is notbased on one book or one messenger or prophet. It is pluralistic in its approach to realize the ultimate Truth. Eachindividual has to strive for his or her own destiny. It is a law of 'Karma’.It is not based on any miracle, as is the case in other religions. It isnot even based on a group of people/monks/or fake guru's who started a religion following theinstructions and after the name of their teacher.
These criteria do not applyto Vedic Dharma.  It isnot a dogma given for others to believe, but it is a process of investigation,practice, and purifying ourselves so we can have our own spiritualrealizations, perception and experience of our own true spiritual identity andrelationship with God. Thus, the individual has the freedom to decide what isbest to learn whatever they need to learn in this lifetime for their ownultimate spiritual progress. This is a big difference between conventionalreligion that we find today and that of Vedic Dharma Kameswara
Dr. M.Kameswara RaoSenior Scientist, P&T Division,Defence Research & Development Establishment, Ministry of Defence, Govt of IndiaJhansi Road, Gwalior-474002,IndiaPh 91-(0)751-2390368(0) Imp Note:The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments if any.