[Advaita-l] A query on Jnani's punya and papa distribution

Ramachandra Sastry ramachandra.sastry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:27:19 EST 2018

Namaste All,

Recently in one of the discourse by Sringeri Mahasannidhanam, he mentioned
Jnani's punya karma is taken by his Suhruts (Punya) and papa karma by
Dweshis and referred to that one should not denigrate the jnanis ..etc and
also mentioned to Shruti vakya like Indraagni
mitra....yadhanyakrutamarima..which appears in KY veda Kushmanada sukta.

I would like to know the following from the scholars.

1) Has Shankara indicated the above in bhasyas or prakarana grantas?
2) Did post - shankara advaitins have mentioned anywhere in their works?
3) How is this process of punya and paapa gets transferred, when Gita
indicates happens Jnanaghina sarvakarmani dagdam?
4) I hear some say , it is just an Arthavada to help the common man
understand the greatness of a Jnani, since if somebody does seva for a
Jnani the punya phala is very high and doing dwesha the paapa is also high.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ramachandra