[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Shankara accepts BhAvarUpa ajnana BSB 4.1.15

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 00:27:12 EDT 2023

Namaste Bhaskar ji.

//when each and everything is within the realm of adhyArOpa-apavAda
prakriya, all frameworks are just adhyArOpa only. //

adhyAropa-apavAda is built-in in both SDV and DSV. These are self-contained
models wherein AA is utilised.

//So accordingly, we have to understand EJV, DSV, SDV, AV etc. etc. nothing
is permanent or pAramArthika and just there for the teaching purpose.//

EJV and DSV are synonyms. SDV and DSV are sequential. DSV succeeds SDV.
ajAti is the pAramArthika truth. No adhyAropa-apavAda is employed here.

//In that sense, even DSV also arthavAda only not pAramArthika.//

Non-pAramArthika does not mean arthavAda.

//In the pAramArthika what is there is brahman ONLY and nothing but
brahman.  So, why this special emphasis that ONLY SDV is arthavAda?? //

Portions of Shruti dealing with jIvanmukti are stated as arthavAda in DSV.
Other portions of Shruti which deal with Brahma-jnAna are not accepted as
arthavAda. Why should they be treated as arthavAda in DSV?

//What is the special weight that DSV would carry to deduce advaita's
parama siddhAnta??//

It is sequential to SDV. It is just prior to ajAtivAda. That is why special
weight. It is for uttam adhikArI. The parama siddhAnta is ajAti. That is
achieved by sublating DSV.

//BTW, if we ready to push-aside the SDV as mere arthavAda then we have to
say almost 99% of whole shruti and bhAshya are mere arthavAda 😊//

Stating a portion as arthavAda is not pushing aside. arthavAda is as much a
pramANa as vidhi-vAkya. There is unity in the purport of vidhi-vAkya
(injunctions) and arthavAda. They mutually desire each other. So, it is not
pushing aside.