[Chaturamnaya] Sri Sankara Bhagavatpada, Commentator Par Excellence (2)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 12:47:31 CDT 2013

R Krishnamoorthy srirudra at gmail.com wrote:

>Dear Sri Jayanarayanan
>Does it mean that liberation as a goal is a myth?One strives for something which is unreal?

I don't quite understand the above questions. Of course, in advaita VedAnta, liberation as a goal is the ultimate reality and not a "myth". Rather than striving "for" something, one strives to rid oneself of the "I-am-this-body" idea, which is unreal. What remains ever-real is liberation.

But the part of your post below seems to be correct: