[Advaita-l] Matrupanchakam

S.N. Sastri sn.sastri at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:54:37 CST 2008

I had the same doubt, so I went through the text that Sri Sastri posted and
found them to be different from Bhashya Swamigal's Matrupanchakam.
Interestingly, one of the verses has the same last line as the one in
Bhashya Swami's composition.

Sri Sastri, could you share the source of the verses you posted a few days
ago?

Namaskaras,
Vidyasankar

Dear Shri Vidyasankar,
I got this from the book  The Voice of Sankara, Vol.II—A collection of a few
devotional hymns and minor philosophical poems by Sri Adi Sankara.
This has been published by Adi Sankara Advaita Research Centre, Chennai.
Matrupanchakam is one of the works attributed to Sri Sankara in this book.
There is an English translation by Dr. T.M.P.Mahadevan. There is an
Introduction in the book by Dr. N. Veezhinathan. They seem to have taken
this as a work of Sri Sankara.
Regards,
S.N.Sastri