What is " false " ?

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Thu Jul 18 12:35:20 CDT 1996

Ian wrote:

> IAN: Hmmm. How do we define "false" ? That which does not conform
> to physical fact, or observed reality (?).
>
> Exactly what is the crystalized Advaita measure of the "false" ?

Anything 'asserted' as being true, without considering its integral
'denial' counterpart is mayavic.

Sankara's advaitic formula [which, in boolean code, is: A = (A + ~A)]
resolves it definitively.

The Mind is Bozo the clown on acid.  To follow its theatrics as being
real--UNTO THEMSELVES--represents the earthquake that maya engineers on
the foundation of awareness.  Advaita erases the spectre of this kind
of reasonable habit: Life without philosophy.

Namaste.