Being the Source

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue Jun 4 17:24:41 CDT 1996

The following was previously posted to newsgroups (alt.yoga, alt.consciousness,
alt.zen). Thought they might be of interest.  Namaste.

**************

              TRACING THE SOURCE TO CONSCIOUSNESS

Postulate No. 1:  Beyond that which I think is that which I am.

Commentary:  This statement is symbolic; it is intended to be an
indicator of the ontological nature of one's consciousness.  Insofar
as pure consciousness is [here] claimed to exist beyond thought, [this
axiom] is also attempting to show that the essence of one's being
lies beyond thought.  That is, thought(s) tend to divert one's
awareness from the otherwise primal reality of one's true nature.

This implies many things, among them being:

Postulate No. 2:  Regardless of what you think, say or do, the
perfection of Freedom was, is and will always be who and what you
really are.

Commentary:  You always were, are and will always be the very goal
you think you're striving to achieve.  Your very nature is ALREADY the
Absolute Reality.  And, referring back to Postulate No. 1, it's only
your thoughts that hypnotize you into believing in limits.