New Film

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue Jun 4 22:31:25 CDT 1996

Regarding the film: POWDER, please forgive me for failing to inform
anyone of the content of this film at all.  Obviously I'd never be hired
to write a review!  I should have said *something* about the plot at
least...  Ok.

A child is born after being struck by lightning via his mother's womb.
He is a sensitive and rare genius, having powers such as psychokinesis
and telepathy--using them mainly in a non-volitional way [especially in
times of duress from social and peer pressure].  He was treated as an outcast
from the beginning due to his physical appearance: an albino with penetrating
eyes and a mysteriously withdrawn demeanor.  He is coerced to leave his
reclusive habitat by the police with the help of a concerned social worker.
As the plot develops, certain people who he's managed to touch very deeply
through a course of unique events, started to discover the manner of Being
that was in their midst.  Along the way his philosophy is divulged, which
reveals a clearly advaitic core.

Namaste.