Disciples of Ramana Maharshi

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Wed Oct 23 06:28:43 CDT 1996

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Rushikesh K. Joshi wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am a newcomer to this list. A researcher at the Dept of
> Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
> My name is Rushikesh K. Joshi.
>
> Someone said:
>
> > Can anyone here prove that they are NOT Self-realized?
>
> Can you say what is "Self-realized" ?
> Once that is known, I may work on the proof that is asked for.
>
> - joshi

Well, my feeling is it is a concept that cannot be proved. If one is
Self-realized (meaning of that being what it is), the requirement of
"proof" will loose its meaning. No need of a proof for such a state.
Who are you proving it to ? And who is proving it ?

I am afraid proof and state of Self-realization are to some extent
mutually non-coexistent.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Adau ante ca yan nAsti vartamAnepi tat tathA !
                                GaudapAda in Mandukya kArika
What did not exist at the beginning and what is not going to exist at the
 end is as good as non-existent even in the present.