New member introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Wed Apr 16 17:26:00 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:06:59 -0700
From: Raj Ganti <nganti at qualcomm.com>
To: aum at unix.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: nganti at QUALCOMM.COM requested to join

Thank you Ravi.

My name is Nagaraj Ganti. I work for Qualcomm Inc. in San Diego, CA. I got
married almost a year ago. My wife's name is Sharadha. I have been to the
local SRF chapter in San Diego and also to the Ramakrishna Mission and I
like it. I am a brahmin by birth. My grandparents/parents are very religious
and my grandfather imbibed into all his grandchildern the value of religion,
GOD etc. My primary interest in joining this group is to learn more about
Hinduism/ Advaita Vedanta, Upanishads. What is Vedanta? How did it originate?
How can I benefit from them etc? are a few questions that I have and I hope
the discussions in this group will shed more light. I am a novice at reading
the Gita, Ramayana but I am making efforts to spend more time reading them
and trying to understand the great EPICS.

Nagaraj Ganti