Janaka and Jnana (long)

Govind Rengarajan govind at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Apr 30 08:55:02 CDT 1997

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Giri wrote:

>         After writing such a long e-mail, I have to make a final
> *irrelevant* point. I have posted the next-to-last paragraph just three
> weeks back (Apr 11), and I notice now people saying that householder and
> sanyas are mutually exclusive. The same goes for my posts on the journey
> of the subtle body. No, I don't expect everyone to read my posts, maybe
> because it is confusing, but as one list member told me in a recent
> e-mail, many members seem to have already made up their mind on these
> issues.  And I, therefore, think it is better for me to refrain from
> posting on this list, and just be quiet and learn from others.

        Namaste. Giri, as Swami Vishvarupananda pointed out, your
        posts are extremely valuable to some of us, and I
        request you to continue your posts for the benefit of
        members like me. And indeed, we do look forward to
        quotes from Shankara, Ramana Maharshi, and others - the
        words of these saints are a guiding beacon for us, and they
        help us develop discrimination and reinforce our faith in
        atma vichara/bhakti. I hope you change your mind ;-)

        govind