Thinking - and Osho

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Wed Aug 13 10:42:54 CDT 1997

At 12:38 AM 8/13/97 +0000, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
>I wonder how much Jaldhar has
>> actually read of him? He also defends his behaviour quite well in a number
>> of articles. Accordingly,

Yes, Rajneesh is a good con-artist.  Very glib.  He has also said some
of the same things that other teachers have said.  Scoundrels can
parrot good teachings.  But there are cases I can cite (book's at home)
where he's been accused of sexual harrassment of some of his devotees.
He's actually widely disrespected in the West.

>Well here's something interesting I read in todays New York Times.
>There's an article in the Science section about how doctors tracked down a
>salmonella outbreak in the Oregon town near which his commune was located.
>Apparently in order to corruptly influence elections in the town, two
>Rajneesh cultists delibrately contaminated salad bars with the deadly
>bacteria.  _751_ cases were reported.  And you think people should be
>getting spiritual advice from such a person?  If you have a defense of
>mass poisoning by all means post it.  I'm sure a lot of people would be
>interested.

This doesn't surprise me at all!

--Greg