Miguel's mail

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Mon Dec 29 14:03:31 CST 1997

Miguel, your earnestness really moved me.

I shouldn't even venture an opinion, as I know nothing, but as responses
from the traditionally knowledgeable seems to be on the decline lately, I'll
try to help.

With statements like "Tat tvam asi" and "Aham Brahmasmi", one should be
clear that the former refers to the Soul inside and the latter can be
uttered by a realized person only. The fact that you're asking questions and
writing on this list, proves that you're still the body/mind entity. To
confuse the body/mind entity with the Soul can only lead to frustration and
bewilderment as the entity in reality is not eligible for such
proclamations. Shankara states that for an unrealized person all the laws of
the world of Maya still apply. My earlier posting with Rajaji's excerpt also
points to this. So bear that in mind and work towards Realization. You've
what almost all the acharyas state as the essential requisite, ie the
earnest longing for liberation.

And as Greg pointed out and as also supported by the Katha Upanishad, you
should probably start looking for a physical teacher who could be of
infinite value to your pursuit. If you find a true one, let me know too!

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.