Ganesha

Anand Hudli ahudli at APPN.CI.IN.AMERITECH.COM
Mon Feb 10 08:29:35 CST 1997

   aavaahaye taM gaNaraajadevaM raktopalaabhaasam-asheshhavandyaM |
   vighnaantakaM vighnaharaM gaNeshaM bhajaami raudraM sahitaM cha siddhyaa||

   aavaahaye - I invoke (invite)
   taM - that
   gaNaraajadevaM - the Lord of the gaNas (Shiva's attendants)
   raktopalaabhaasaM - whose body appears like a red lotus
   asheshhavandyaM - who is saluted by all
   vighnaantakaM - who ends all obstacles
   vighnaharaM - who eliminates all obstacles
   gaNeshaM bhajaami - I worship Ganesha
   raudraM - the son of Rudra (Shiva)
   sahitaM - accompanied by
   cha siddhyaa - by Siddhi (success)

   I invoke Ganesha, the Lord of Shiva's gaNas, whose body appears like
   a red lotus, and who is saluted by all.  I worship Ganesha, the son of
   Rudra (Shiva), who terminates and eliminates obstacles, and who is
   accompanied by His spouse Siddhi (success).

  Anand