Yoga sutra bhashya vivarana

Fri Feb 21 00:00:46 CST 1997

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Giri wrote:

>         What do you mean ? Are you saying YSBV has never been quoted by
> others till it was published in paper in 1931 or so ?

I'm saying there are a great many places where it should have been quoted
and wasn't.

>         May I then ask you why His Holiness Abhinava Vidyatirtha of the
> Sringeri Math, who is more learned than all of us put together, took much
> interest in the translation of YSBV and felt YSBV is of great importance
> in the study of Adi Shankara ?

He must have his reasons and no doubt they are good ones.  However
stressing this work is his innovation.  It is not an authority of the past
and should not be presented as one.

>         Anyway, it is upto the individual to finally decide whether YSBV
> or any other work is an authentic work of Shankara. Therefore, this will
> be my last post on this subject.

You're right.  We've taken this subject about as far as it can go.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \