Agony of the soul (?) etc

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Fri Jan 17 10:55:54 CST 1997

At 01:55 PM 1/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Charles A. Hillig wrote:
>
>>       Until we move beyond a spiritual hierarchy that seeks to stratify
>> people, how can we ever experience the loving equanimity demonstrated so
>> beautifully in how Maharshi lived out his life and related so
>> compassionately to those around him?
>>

>People are at different spiritual, and intellectual levels.  I don't see
>why this should prevent you from compassion or equanimity any more than
>different physical levels (different height, weight etc.) do.

     But, Jaldhar, what "other" people?

     There's just the Self and the "you-who-you-think-you-are."
      There's only God and "God unrealized."

     I can understand your thoughts about teachers and fools, but, in truth,
there may not be a difference between them.

     Everyone I meet (no matter how "foolish") and everything that happens
to me (no matter how "horrible") is the guru's teaching.   Everything is a
gift, but, in this case, the gift-giver, the gift itself and the one who
receives the gift are exactly the same.

                                                             With Blessings,

                                                                Chuck Hillig