The Journey

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at GIASDL01.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Mar 26 01:46:16 CST 1997

Om Dennis,

Thank you for your beautiful answer. What you say about your near-death experience is very, very interesting and so beautiful, it makes one wish to drop the prison of the body here and now.
What you say would mean, that even mind falls off with death. On the other hand there are many accounts that tell about astral worlds and a lot of mental activity. Do you think what you experienced may have been a special divine grace, that lifted you temporarily not only out of the physical body, but also out of mind and ego?
Usually it is assumed that not the memories of the brain, and may be not the gross way of thinking, but mind as such goes on after death, which is why we take our tendencies with us, and some people even take memories with them. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.
It is wonderful having people like you on this group!

Greetings and Om,
Vishvarupananda