Corolla, Janaka US$

Srinivas Prasad prasad at NSRC.NUS.SG
Thu May 1 21:59:20 CDT 1997

   VP Nandakumar Wrote....:

It's my opinion that as long as one is duty bound or has responsiblities one
cannot attain Brahman, as attatchments still remain. So how come Janaka, who is
a king and is responsible for his subjects, claim to be a jnani? Since both
status's are mutually exclusive, it's not possible. You can either be a king or
a jnani, not both. The same would be the case with a house holder. Can we see
some reasoning on this, instead of quotes from Sankara?

   King Janaka was born Rich, So there is no attachment to his palace or
  wealth. He was just doing his duty as a king at the same time trying
  to acquire knoweledge which is what every one of us has to do. So his
  stationed in life as a King has no attachment to his wealth. If one
  relinquish the wealth we call them as Great because he wants to work
  sadhana like Lord Budda. Similarly if Sonia Gandhi's son Or Amitab
  bachachan Son come to US it is no big deal because their station
  in life is in that Plane. then there is no attachement to wealth.

  where as Middle class brahmin(Not by caste) from India want's to
 do MS MBA in US is nothing but to lead a better life and this
 Desire leads to attachment and finally he realize his duty to
  realize bramhan. In a way it is good "Better late than never"
  But he lost his where he was stationed his life.

  there goes vasana, karam etc which i don't have to explain....