Free Will (God's will)

Cameron Reilly cjreilly at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Mon May 19 18:01:36 CDT 1997

Anand wrote:

   >The point that God lacks free will leads to a contradiction. If He were
   >acting in a predetermined manner, who/what is the entity that decides
   >His acts?

Anand, you raise some good points. I think the problem stems from the
different concepts we have of what God is.

I do not think of God as an entity. Therefore I do not think of God as
acting in either a determined or a predetermined manner at all. I think of
God as being the non-dual That-Which-Is.

My experience has been that God acts spontaneously. And God is
That-Which-Is. Hence, the universe (the manifested aspect of That-Which-Is)
is spontaneous.

I can find no evidence to the contrary. From my experience, the entire
phenomenal universe is merely the manifested aspect of the Noumenon. It is
appearance only. This is what I am. This is what we all are, for this is
all that is.

Everything else is an illusion. We look at the screen and we watch a movie.
Some folk believe that the characters on the screen are real and have
'choice' - some see only the screen and a trick of the light. I am of the
latter.

I am not saying this is right or wrong, only that this has been my
experience.

Regards,

Cameron