Verse from the Shivaanandalaharii

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Tue May 20 07:10:25 CDT 1997

Shri Anand Hudli quoted a verse from Sivananda Laharii as an example of
Shri Shankara's impeccable reasoning. I like to add my voice at applauding
the great Sivananda Laharii.

Sivananda Laharii is a delight to read and understand. A person's ego will
be completely melted and the surrender to Ishwara and thence to Nirguna
Brahman would be then and there reading Sivananda Laharii. It is amazing
the imagination of Shri Shankara in formulating these verses. The best
prescription for surrender of ego of an individual is a read of Sivananda
Laharii.

While every verse is full of imagination, reasoning and devotion, my
favorite verses are verses 20, 45 and 98.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Sarvaagamaanaa maachaarah prathamam parikalpathe !
                                          Sage Vyasa in Maha Bharatha

For all (incoming) knowledge, discipline is the most fundamental.