New member introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Thu May 22 16:39:38 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:11:36 +0000
From: mnms at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
To: aum at unix.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: mnms at POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET requested t

Greetings:

My name is Mukund Srinivasan and I am from Tamilnadu (but was brought
up in various places including Delhi and West Africa).  I am very
interested in philosophy especially the three main streams - advaita,
vishishtadvaita and dvaita.  I have done some reading on
Shankaracharya, his life and times and am conversant at a low level
with advaitic philosophy.  I recently acquired the collection of
Shankaracharya's stotras from Samvid press and I highly recommend
this to all interested.  My sampradayam is that of Sri Ramanujacharya
but I am keen on hearing all other streams of philosophy with a view
to educating myself.

To start the ball rolling, I would like to ask a question to members:

The Kanakadhara Stotram as recited by M.S.Subbulakshmi in the Balaji
Pancharatnamala cassettes is different (some more verses) than that
published by the Samvid Press.  Does anyone know why ?

Mukund Srinivasan