Everpresent Consciousness?

Allan Curry acurry at UVIC.CA
Thu Nov 13 13:34:44 CST 1997

Namaskar

Greg writes:

>Ramesh Balsekar gives a hierarchy of consciousness which goes like this:
>
>  (1) Consciousness at rest -- Nirguna Brahman
>  (2) Consciousness in movement -- Non-localized consciousness, the Witness
>alone
>  (3) Embodied consciousness -- I am
>  (4) Attached consciousness -- I am this body, mind, etc.

I thought this was a really useful clarification
of the word "consciousness". Thanks for posting it.

-Allan

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:29:42 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ram Chandran <chandran at TIDALWAVE.NET>
Subject: Re: The story of my experiments with truth
Comments: To: Advaita List <advaita-l at tamu.edu>

Namaskar:

Let me pass on this message that I received from a friend of mine about
the USA Today Poll to select the PERSON of the CENTURY. USA Today is
conducting this survey and has selected persons from all countries. The
person of the century will be decided by the worldwide poll. The only
person on their list from India is "Mohandas Gandhi". Fortunately, the
right person from India is on the list. Also, at present Gandhi is first
in the list.  I request those of you who are interested to participate
in the survey and cast your vote in favor of Mahatma Gandhi.

If you want to participate, go to the web site at:

 http://survey.usatoday.com/survey/person.html

Remember, that the Time Poll receives world wide attention, so this
is something worth taking out a few minutes for.

Note: In that list Gandhiji is the only Advaitan that I can identify!

Ram Chandran