Buddhism and the Self

Thu Sep 25 23:53:39 CDT 1997

I don't think it neccessarily means you are disrespecting Shankaracharya
to assert the view expressed below.  It is plausible though very unlikely.
The case would be bolstered if there were actually quotes from Buddhists
to this effect.  Translators often have their own agenda.

Certainly all the "astika" authorities not just advaitins are vehemently
against the tenets of Buddhism as they understand it.  So any attempt to
assert otherwise would be an uphill struggle.

As for the topic of this list it is Advaita Vedanta as explained by Ishwar
through Maharshi Vyas through Shankaracharya and his successors up to the
present day.  I request list members to kindly take the soggy new age crap
elsewhere.

I got engaged! See the pictures ==> http://www.braincells.com/jaldhar/sagpan