Buddhism and the Self

Chelluri at AOL.COM Chelluri at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 30 23:11:17 CDT 1997

                                                   Om
Namaste Gregory:
The woman wore "Namasivaya" shawl as a skirt did not do anything wrong.

I will tell you a little story.  A man who is a siva bhakta travelling around
in India (in old days) found himself in front of a siva temple.   There he
saw a man sleeping with his feet on sivalinga.  Immediately he wokeup the man
and told him it is a sin to put his feet on siva.   The man asked him where
can I keep my feet.  Show me a place where siva does not exist?   Hope you
got the message.   The man sleeping is siva himself.

                                                           Nageswar