shrI lalitA trishatI

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Tue Apr 7 20:40:59 CDT 1998

It is nice to see Shri LalitA trishatI bhAshhya being posted by Shri Ravi.
In my view, ShrI LalitA trishatI is one of the greatest stotrAs. While
every line in the stotrA is full of deep insight, there are a few which
always are on my tongue. They are

... LalitA preritenaiva mayoktam stotramuttamam

        It is only at Shri LalitA's command and grace that I chant this
        superior stotrA

... bhave chittasya paryAptirnUna manyAnapekshiNI

        (by chanting this stotrA), the heart would be peaceful and would
        not desire anything else.

... asyA nAmnAm trishatyAstu mahimA kena varNyate

        how can anyone describe the greatness of this trishatI nAma ?
        (only Shri Shankara was able to do it through His bhAshhya)

I look forward to seeing the three hundred names with their full meaning
and insight.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Yadaa sarve pramucyante kaamaa ye'sya hr^di shritaah
atha martyo'mr^to bhavatyatra brahma samashnute   Katha Upanishhad II.3.14

When all the desires that dwell in the heart fall away, then the mortal
becomes immortal, and attains Brahman even here.