Meditation

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Wed Apr 22 12:06:00 CDT 1998

At 10:23 AM 4/22/98 -0400, Chandran, Nanda (NBC) wrote:

>"How can the knower itself be known?". So  does it mean "I" can't know
>"I", but "I" should try concentrating on knowing what's not the "I"?
>
>Easier said than done! At present, I'm not even able to distinguish my
>body from my "I"! :-)

Not even intellectually?

How about this technique:  If you are aware of your body, then YOU -- that
is, what is aware of the body -- cannot be the body.  This also goes for
the mind, intellect, or any other object of consciousness.  For all X, if X
arises in consciousness, then you cannot be X.  Why not?  Simply because
you are aware of X, so you're different from X.  What is then left?  Pure
consciousness Itself.

--Greg