signing-offs

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Tue Aug 4 14:37:05 CDT 1998

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

> 1. puts in an administrative advice to members not to attack the
> personalities of posters or use abusive language in describing the
> contents of a post.

I agree with this. I will take appropriate action through private
correspondence. Also I request affected members to write to me in
private. I cannot always say which one is insulting and
offensive. I will treat the requests with respect and
confidentiality.

> 2. request both Shri f. meillo and Shri Sadananda to re-join the List
> immediately.

I request them to join back. I asked in private to shrI EgoDust
to support his experience/ views with quotes from Authorities
like shankara and his disciples, or great sages like shrI ramaNa
who is revered by the advaita tradition. . This will instill
faith in what he says and improve the value of what he writes. I
will correspond with him in private and invite him back.  Threats
to sign-out does nothing other than putting me on a greater
pressure. At some point, out of frustration, I may become
insensitive to such threats. I respect shrI sadananda very much,
he knows that through our private correspondence. I hope that he
will join back.

> Of the regular posters, I may be one of the senior ones (left now) in
> terms of age. Certainly advice, based on age and experience of life,
> is to be taken seriously based on Indian traditions.

I request the members to be objective and focus on the subject.
This will be last post on this topic on the list. Let us focus
more on shrI shankara's teachings.  If any of you have any
questions, please write to me in person.

With respescts
Ravi