New member introduction: shrI Subhanu Saxena

Saxena, Subhanu Subhanu.Saxena at INTL.PEPSI.COM
Thu Aug 13 01:05:32 CDT 1998

With reference to Jaldhar Vyas's view that it is better to study one's
own Sakha, I certainly fall in the camp that it is better to study a
Sakha than no Sakha,  Having been brought up in London, I had no
exposure to any veda Sakha's in my family beforehand.  All I had was an
intense desire to study Veda and, as luck would have it I met a learned
scholar of Taittiriya Sakha. I consider my self extremely fortunate and
priviledged to have been given the training I received and I am
consistently heartened whenever I hear of anyone who has decided to
study Veda. I am afraid that I have become less parochial over the years
having now worked in a number of countries round the world.  While it is
fine as a starting point to say "you should study your own Sakha", for
those of us who were not fortunate enough to be in that position to
begin with its a case of being grateful to be given the chance just to
study.  In these modern times, the overrriding concern right now is
preservation of the tradition whenever and however we can.

Out of curiosity, I would be interested to know, Jaldhar Sahib, what
your Veda Sakha is. I presume from your message it is Sukla Yajur Veda.

Regards

Subhanu