buddha and his teachings

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Aug 17 18:41:18 CDT 1998

[Nanda's mail deleted]

I am not scared of buddhist philosophy or their practice. I want
this list to be used to discuss advaita vedanta taught by shrI
shankara and understand it deeply. Purpose is specific and
focussed. No disrespect is meant to the any other teacher. On
personal front, I respect saint and sages of all traditions. If
you want to follow them, I have no problem. Do not clutter this
list with the mail like this.

You should understand one thing. What your personal belief and
what the list is for. Whether buddha or christ is a jIvana mukta,
or whether their teachings are same as vedanta is of NO concern
to the List. It may or it may not. I rever them as great saints.
But I want this forum to be used only for discussing
advaita-vedanta. I have made LIST policy very clear.

If you can contribute to this effort, you are welcome. Otherwise
you and whosoever who want shrI buddha's teachings to be
discussed here remain silent. I have no time for dealing this. If
this repeats I will set those who write in these lines to NOPOST.
That means you can only receive mail and you can not post
directly.

I observe two things on the list. 1) People post on off topic
things.  2) People who just respond and make no postive
contribution. That to sometimes rudely.

Why can not we follow the example set by shrI Anand Hudli
(million thanks to his wonderful posts) and Vaidya for
vivekachUDAmaniH, to mention a few names. And contribute
positively to the purpose. May the little time spent on the list
be very useful.

Nanda:  Where is your integerity, after I have clearly stated the
purpose of the forum, why do you post this here, If you do not
agree with the list policy, this is not the place for you.

with respects
Ravi