Post shankaran advaitins (was Re: 163. haaTakAbharaNojjvalA)

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Dec 10 15:51:51 CST 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Jay Lakhani wrote:

> I have recently joined this list of Advaita Vedanta. Please excuse me if I
> get things wrong. Can I request the list to tell me what are the names of
> people who have best understood and propagated Advaita philosophy since the
> time of Adi Shankara?

A good description of important advaitins after bhagavAn shrI
shankara can be found in

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita/later.html
and
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita/ad-today.html

shrI Vidyasakar's page provides a lot of information on different
topics related advaita-vedAnta.

To a great extent, the four AmnAya maTha-s and their branches are
responsible for teaching and preserving advaita-vedAnta. In the
20th century, institutions like Sri Ramakrishna Math has greatly
contributed to this movement by translating many works and making
them available to people at a very low cost.

Welcome to the list and hope we will learn and grow together.

With regards,
Ravi

|| AUM namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ||