Pls forward to Advaita List (fwd)

Ashish Chandra achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM
Tue Dec 15 09:40:33 CST 1998

Jaldhar Vyas has given very good advice in regards to learning Sanskrit. I
learnt Sanskrit from class 6 to 10th but have now forgotten most of grammar
and am conversant in only the most basic sentences i.e. Mam namah Ashish
and so forth. I have asked my brother to bring some books along with him
from India. I would like a second opinion as to whether these books will
indeed help me in understanding and then speaking Sanskrit such that I can
study the sastras.

These books are

1. Sanskrit Vyavahara Sahasri, Pallava Prakashana, Bangalore
2. Sanskrit-Hindi Kosh by Vaman Shivram Apte, pub : Motilal Banarsidass
3. Brihad Anuvad Chandrika by Chakradhar N. Shastri, pub: Motilal
Banarsidass.

If you can suggest anything else that might be more suited to my specific
situation (i.e. some understanding and Hindi speaking), I would greatly
appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ashish Chandra