maniiShaapa.Nchakam.h, Part 4

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM
Thu Jan 22 22:35:10 CST 1998

sarvebhyo namaH,
  This is maniiShaapa.Nchakam.h, Part 4,
shloka 1:

  jaagratsvapnasuShuptiShu sphuTataraa yaa
saMvidujjR^imbhate yaa brahmaadipipiilika-
antatanuShu protaa jagatsaakShiNii |
  saivaahaM na cha dR^ishyavastviti
dR^iDhapraj~naa.api yasyaasti chet.h chaNDaalo.-
astu sa tu dvijo.astu gururityeShaa mama || 1 ||

  "That Awareness (Consciousness) - which effortlessly
shines in the states of waking, dream and deep sleep
(in an individual), (Awareness) which permeates
(illumines as the Self) all the upaadhis beginning
from Brahmaa to an ant, which is the witness of the
creation, that indeed I am and not the objectifiable
things (body, etc.).  In this manner whoever has the
firm knowledge (about the self) is indeed my guru,
be he a chaNDaala or a braahmaNa, this is my firm
conviction. (1)"

Note:  astu (3rd person, sing., imperative of "as") =
"let it be", "be it so"
sa = "with"

(To be continued . . .)

dhanyavaadaH,